We are looking for sharp, tenacious and creative Electrical Engineers to join our team and work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation and final commissioning. Since we are a small team you will be reporting directly to the management team and will have opportunities to grow with the company.
Infinite Cooling is an award-winning startup and our mission is simple: to mitigate the water scarcity around the world. We help power plants and other industrial processes reduce their water consumption and water treatment costs by recovering water from their cooling tower exhausts. We have a patent-pending technology developed at MIT that uses electric fields to capture water from the plumes leaving cooling towers. We are a small 4-person team based in Somerville, Massachusetts, and we are on a mission to be a global leader in the water services industry for industrial applications. Infinite Cooling won the MIT $100K, MassChallenge, the DOE national Cleantech competition, and numerous other awards.
We are hiring across all levels (BS, MS, and PhD) and are also offering internships.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and experimentally test of various high voltage ionization systems.
- Select and integrate sensors and write controls algorithms.
- Build user controls interface.
- Analytically and numerically model charge distribution and electric field in the system.
- Ensure compliance with electric code for all systems.
- Select materials and components for electrical system and design circuit.
- Participate in customer meetings, custom-design products according to customer constraints.
- Manage projects, oversee manufacturing and installation.
- Ensure seamless integration of electrical designs with customer’s electrical and mechanical components.
- Effectively document all aspects of design.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing technical support to the rest of the team.
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews.
- Assist in the development of project delivery schedules including providing man-hour estimates.
- Lead team discussions on different alternatives to solve complex electrical design problems.
- Create and execute design verification testing plans.
- You are passionate and optimistic.
- You are genuinely curious and innovative. You challenge assumptions.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are adaptable and excel working in a fast-paced dynamic sales environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering. Master or PhD is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with electrical safety code.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design and how to integrate electrical sub-assemblies effectively
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to complete difficult assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- CEO: MIT PhD – co-inventor
- CTO: MIT PhD – expert in power plant thermodynamics
- COO: MIT Sloan – several years in power industry
- Chairman: MIT Professor Kripa Varanasi
Greentown Labs, Somerville MA
Maher Damak, CEO