Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a sharp, tenacious and creative Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team and work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation and final commissioning. Since we are a small team you will be reporting directly to the management team and will have opportunities to grow with the company.
Infinite Cooling is an award-winning startup and our mission is simple: to mitigate the water scarcity around the world. We help power plants and other industrial processes reduce their water consumption and water treatment costs by recovering water from their cooling tower exhausts. We have a patent-pending technology developed at MIT that uses electric fields to capture water from the plumes leaving cooling towers. We are a small team based in Somerville, Massachusetts, and we are on a mission to be a global leader in the water services industry for industrial applications. Infinite Cooling won the MIT $100K, MassChallenge, the DOE national Cleantech competition, and numerous other awards.
What you will do:
- Design and build mechanical parts and experimental prototypes to meet requirements.
- Perform failure analysis on components.
- Come up with new structural designs for the system and test their efficiency numerically and experimentally.
- Create and execute design verification testing plans.
- Lead R&D work and come up with new product features and improvements.
- Select materials and parts for products.
- Participate in customer meetings, custom-design products according to customer constraints.
- Manage projects, oversee manufacturing and installation.
- Analyze static and dynamic loads.
- Effectively document all aspects of design.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing technical support to the rest of the team.
- Assist in the development of project delivery schedules including providing man-hour estimates.
- Lead team discussions on different alternatives to solve complex business problems.
- You are passionate and optimistic.
- You are genuinely curious and innovative. You challenge assumptions.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are adaptable and excel working in a fast-paced dynamic sales environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master or PhD is a plus.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive mechanical design experience. Experience in industrial product design is a plus.
- Experience with structural analysis and load calculations.
- Experience with independent design and building of products.
- Proficiency with:
- Modeling and drawing in various CAD packages
- CFD modeling proficiency is a plus
- Familiarity with various manufacturing processes.
- Strong fluid mechanics knowledge.
- Ability to setup supply chain and manage product bills of materials.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to complete difficult assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- CEO: MIT PhD – co-inventor
- CTO: MIT PhD – expert in power plant thermodynamics
- COO: MIT Sloan – several years in power industry
- Chairman: MIT Professor Kripa Varanasi
Greentown Labs, Somerville MA
Maher Damak, CEO